Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful - Day 1

On Facebook there are quite a few friends who are participating in the 30 days of being Thankful.  They are posting something they are thankful for every day this month.  I don't know that I'm up for making that my status update everyday (esp since I don't usually post everyday). It's been a hard year though and I have been trying to really focus on the positive lately so this Challenge seems to be right up my ally and I thought I might give it a shot over here. Soooo ....

Day 1 - I am thankful for having chances to talk to a friend I don't hear from often and having friends that I can not talk to often but can pick up like it was only yesterday that we last talked. I was able to catch up with Sarah tonight. We both said we need to be better about keeping in touch.  We also agreed that we are lucky to be blessed with such wonderful little ladies in our lives. 

I am also thankful that George offered to take bath and bedtime with Lil by himself tonight so I could go grocery shopping by myself.  It was so nice having a chance to shop in a quiet, uncrowded store.  It was almost relaxing (rarely a word I would use to describe grocery shopping).  And honestly it was nice to just have a little bit of time to myself.  After spending my days with my kids, then paperwork, then busy with Lil and house stuff it's nice to not have to talk to anyone and just be quiet for a few minutes ... and of course when I go shopping by myself I tend to get at least 1 or 2 yummy splurge items. :)

No comments: