Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!!!!

Oh so yummy!  Way easier than you would think. Did I mention that they were yummy yet?

I seem to have a small obsession with Cinnamon.  Cinnamon swirl bread, cinnamon pita chips, cinnamon chip scones, Cinnamon Crunch bagels @ Panera, monkey bread, cinnamon french toast, Cinnamon Chex, etc, etc, etc .... If it has cinnamon in it there is a good chance I will be trying it and adding it to my list of favorite foods.  Like I said, it's kind of an obsession. A few months ago I came across a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pancakes on Pinterest and said "yes, please!" so I pinned it for later.  Little did I know that later would come just a few short days later when we decided we wanted to try something new for Easter breakfast.

Yummy!!!!

Lillie likes a little whipped cream too.

The first time we tried them we didn't have enough of our normal pancake mix so we made our batter from scratch based on the recipe.  They were delicious and we all inhaled them (Lillie included).  On our first try we skipped the cream cheese glaze and just used some regular maple syrup and powdered sugar.  On subsequent tries (because we've made these multiple times since then) we did try the cream cheese glaze once but haven't made it again, instead we have returned to our original powdered sugar and syrup toppings.  The cream cheese glaze was good but I'm just not much of a cream cheese frosting girl.  I was always partial to the cinnamon rolls from T.J. Cinnamon's that were drowning in the sugary icing instead of the cream cheesy rolls from Cinnabon.  (I really miss T.J. Cinnamon's ... I would love to find that recipe!!!!)


We enjoyed the original pancake batter but since then we have just used our usual pancake batter for ease and slightly less clean up. (You can't go wrong with Aunt Jemima.) We have discovered that the cinnamon sugar mix gets really thin if you use the whole stick of butter it calls for and have dropped back to about 5/8ths of the stick (never said this was a heart healthy meal but it sure is good.) The mix sinks into the pancake and leaves more flavor if it is thicker.

Nice and thick cinnamon-y goodness.

Too thin and liquidy.


No comments: