Oh what a whirlwind! Life has been a little crazy lately and we've been a little crazy because of it.
* There are only 1.5 days of school left so I've been in "get everything done" mode for that. I have been doing a ton of catch up grading. The kids were working busily all week finishing up some projects and cleaning the room. I reached the point where I had to say "enough is enough" and scrap some of the projects I wanted to finish ... maybe next year. There just weren't enough hours in the day. We had all of the parents in for portfolio sharing and gave the parents their thank you plants that we've been growing for the past 2 months (I really should have taken a picture of those before they left. I've never seen a marigold that tall before!) It's all been building and on Thursday I busrt into tears in a team meeting (awesome!) I think I needed the release though. It was hard but good. I got the stress out and in the last 48 hours I knocked out some time with report cards and can say that I am 99% sure they are done (just a few possible tweaks before printing them on Monday.)
* George has been ridiculously busy with work. He got at least 4 new job prospects by Wednesday last week and is already talking about booking jobs for September!
* George has a new, to us, very old machine. There is a looong back story to this machine and an even longer history to it that George is doing his best to piece together. For now ... meet Oliver, the newest and oldest member of the family (at a whooping 105 years old.) George has been tearing him apart and taping parts off so he can go to a local forge to get sandblasted and repainted and have the restoration process begin.
* Last week we were slightly crazed about Lillie next year. George called a school we were interested in earlier this week to find they had a waitlist for boys but were hoping for 1 more girl. We said we could help them with that and less than 24 hours later we were taking a tour. We were really happy with what we saw so just as quickly as we got worried we found we didn't have to worry anymore. Silly us. We should have known that what was meant to be would be.
* Today is a big birthday day. It's my godson's birthday AND our nephew's birthday. They were born exactly 1 year apart. Our nephew came over to grandma and pop pop's house to celebrate. There was much playing and opening of toys and playing with new toys. Lillie decided naps were overrated again ... aka ... she was having too much fun to sleep. After an hour it was clear it was a Lillie no nap kind of day so back to the party we went.
* Lillie got a pretend workshop for Christmas and our nephew is enthralled with it. Every time he comes over he wants to play with it. A few months ago George told him to make a bird house and so every time he visits when he stops by the workshop he "builds a birdhouse". For his birthday we designed and George created the pieces to a "build your own birdhouse" puzzle like birthday present.
* We are trying a new experiment. We took the rails off of Lillie's crib today so she is currently sleeping in a "big girl bed" ... aka her crib with 1 side off and a mesh 1/2 rail up. She never tried to climb out of bed but recently she had tried to climb IN TO her bed. That didn't seem like the greatest idea and we'll be traveling in the near future with a little girl who has pretty much outgrown her pack n' play so we figured it was time. She was so exhausted from taking no nap and all the excitement today that she crashed and we haven't heard a peep. Hopefully the rest of the night and future nights go just as smoothly.
*Another new summer experiment ... potty training. We have a potty her size available and are having her get used to it being around but it has been successfully used a few times. We'll take it more seriously over the summer when I have a bit more free time. I'll try not to talk about this too much ... just figured it was worth mentioning as just another part of the craziness.
* My family is in town .. well in the state. There is an engagement party for my cousin tomorrow and my parents drove up, my aunt flew in, cousins flew in, my sister-in-law and my brother flew in. We'll go down and join everyone tomorrow. It's bound to be a wonderfully good time. I can't wait to see everyone (and am very thankful that there are only 1.5 days of school after this because between the festivities and Lillie's new sleeping arrangement I'm sure I will be tired.)
No comments:
Post a Comment