I have been on April vacation all week ... talk about perfect timing weather wise. We have had one chilly day that in a typical April would have been considered warm. The rest of the week has been warm and sunny and beautiful. In short, the weather has been AMAZING. We've broken out the shorts and tee-shirts. We dug through the piles and found new summer appropriate hand-me downs. We've realized that we desperately need to go on the hunt for good sandles for Lil before summer really gets here because the ones she has are too small and the hand-me downs are too big and her little feet get super roasty toasty when it's warm. The hunt has been unsuccessful so far but I'm pretty sure we have a little while to go before this weather sticks around for good.
| Trying out the new cowboy boots that Nana and grandpa sent after their visit to Uncle Dan in TX. She loves them even though they are way too big. She has tried to put them on everyday this week. |
| She tries to put them on all by herself ... and does pretty well as you can see. We'll practice getting the right foot in the right boot a little later apparently. |
| Breaking out the popsicles for a hot day. |
| Snack and play time on the back porch. |
| Too nice outside to be in so we'll just bring the toys out here to play. |
| New house for Lillie courtesy of Daddy's drawer shipment. It is of course a log cabin. |
| Lillie's house day 2. We've already built a 2nd story addition so you can stand up in it. Lillie is trying to decorate the roof with a marker. |
We have also had my nephew visiting next door with Grandma and Pop-pop while his parents were at the hospital waiting for baby #2 to make his grand entrance. (I realize that I think I've spelled Pop pop differently every time I write it ... not sure which way looks best ... hmmm ...). Lil has had a blast with him here. She loves having a playmate all the time and I think he's been getting a kick out of spending time with her too. They are doing a great job of playing together, doing their own thing, going back to playing together. Of course they've had thier moments when they both want the same toy and they've yanked it away or started crying but over the course of the week they've gotten much better at sharing and taking turns.
| Hanging out watchin the sheep. |
| oooh .... What are you reading? |
| Bookworms. :) |
| They'll follow each other anywhere. |
| Hi Auntie Kat!!! |
| In the house. |
When he arrived earlier this week she ran out to greet him as soon as she heard his name. Everyday Lil wakes up asking to go play with Liam. She crys at lunch when it's time to go home to eat. She hasn't napped well because she's so excited to spend time with him. She gets upset in the evening when it's time to go home for dinner but calmed down when we said they could play again tomorrow. They've been pretty much inseperable since he arrived and a lady at the library even asked if they were twins. I think there will be a definite withdrawl period when he leaves.
| Books and trains ... does life get any better than this? |
Also ... is it bad that I'm hoping to get some crummy weather over the weekend/ early next week? It's been so nice having this break. It's going to be so hard to get back to normal at work after this and at least with crummy weather I won't have the desire to be outside so much (I say as I sit out on the porch typing from Lil's picnic table while she takes a nap).
No comments:
Post a Comment