Saturday, April 28, 2012

I was *that* mom ...

Yes. I was *that* mom. The mom I used to see at the store and think to myself "How can she let her kid do that? How does she not know how to control her kid?  I will SO not allow that to happen to my kid."

Well ... here I am eating my words.  I am the mom who's child was trying to eat food IN the grocery store BEFORE purchasing it.  I am the mom who's child was eating food THROUGH a plastic bag! I was the mom who was busy picking up the next item of produce (pears) mere inches away and didn't see that this was happening until the plastic bag with the oranges in it was in Lillie's mouth and a tiny chunk of orange peel was already hanging off the orange. Yes, I was *that* mom.

what a pretty orange rind

In my defense, she reached far behind her in the cart to grab it.  I returned it to the basket immediately.  My daughter LOVES oranges!  Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened, it happened once before a few months ago (and she got a much bigger chunk then).  After the first instance I have started putting the produce farther away but unfortunately kids do this crazy thing called growing so she can now reach farther.  Happily she loves her healthy fruits and veggies (Thank goodness we've done something right).  I guess we need to keep working on the "plastic is not a food group" idea and remembering to have snack BEFORE going to the grocery store.

No comments: