Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer flowers


We watched the Zinnias grow that I planted with my students last year. We grew enough at school for each of the kids to take one home.  I brought home the extras. Delta loves sitting in my garden so most of them were crushed but a few powered on and grew into massive plants.  Then butterflies started arriving in droves. We easily had at least 5-10 on most days during the month of August.








I got the most interesting flower from a student.  As it transitions from a bud to the actual flower it seems to inflate like a balloon and then pop open into this unexpected star shaped flower. 



Lillie has been pretty obsessed with Pop-Pop's garden.  I can't take any credit for it but Lil did help with some of the planting and we love having the fresh veggies there ready to pick for dinner everyday. 





No comments: