Today brought us more entries into the "Things I never thought I'd say" file.
* Lillie we don't color on the computer screen. ..... Granted she knows you color on paper and a word document was open ... maybe it looked like paper? It came off pretty easily and if I hadn't typed it out for the world to see you'd never know.
* Lillie, we only color on paper. We don't color on the couch. ..... Crayons are usually pretty well monitored and only used with mommy or daddy helping. They are only used on paper and Lillie even asks for paper whenever she wants to color. I don't know what happened today because clearly we had some crayon issues tonight. Not really sure when she got to the couch but my goodness does she like a purple crayon since she got it on both the computer and couch (and Uncle Dan's birthday picture ... I hope he likes purple too because she used a lot of it. Technically the crayon was originally his. It was one of many fun little things that Lillie received as we cleaned out Dan's room over Christmas.) There is only 2 lines on the couch so hopefully it won't be too tough to get it out. We read somewhere that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well. They seem to work on just about anything.
* My hands smell like a pet food store. ..... In the last week Lillie has really been exerting her independence and trying to be a big girl. She has decided that it is her job to feed Delta. When one of us mention dinner she runs to the kitchen and grabs Delta's dish. She won't take no for an answer when we tell her to leave the dish alone so we let her help out.
She will carry it all the way to the closet where we keep Delta's food, reach for the container to unlatch the top, and wait for mommy or daddy (aka- the people with long arms) to reach down and fill up the measuring cup. She will then grab the cup out of our hand and carry it over to Delta's dish. She tries to pour it out herself. She usually manages to get most of the food into the dish while a few pieces spill on the floor. ... Usually ... Tonight 2 pieces of dog food landed in the dish!!! Everything else fell on the floor. In perfect Lillie helper style though she sat there on the floor and picked up as much food as possible and put it back in the dish. As the mom I of course ran off to grab a camera first. Then I jumped in and helped. While Lillie carried the bowl back into the kitchen I had to grab the vacuum to take care of the extra crumbs.
* Can Mickey move over to make room for mama? ..... Earlier this evening Lillie wanted to read a book so we headed over to the big chair with the "Brown" book (aka - A Charlie Brown Christmas, a book that she got from her Uncle Dan that plays music and talks. She's kind of obsessed. She wants to read it at least once a day.) On the way to the chair she wanted to grab Mickey, and then we saw Minnie, and then Bear, and Dolly, and Manga so I piled all of them onto the chair. Then I looked at Lil and the oversized chair and all the stuffed animals while thinking to myself .... hmmm .... Where am I going to fit as I grabbed a blanket too (because really, Lillie already knows that you can't curl up to read a book on a cold winter day without a nice warm blanket). So I squeezed myself into the very last inch of space on the chair. Then George came home and found a few more animals and piled them on top of us ... as if I needed anymore company. The punchline to this story is that we read the book around 5:00 and it is now close to midnight, Lillie has been in bed for hours, and I've found myself back on the chair that is still loaded up with almost every stuffed animal in the room and a warm cozy blanket. I'm all squished up in about 1/3 of the space while Mickey and Mr. Bear are spread out lounging on the other side.
No comments:
Post a Comment