Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christmas sneaks in early ...

I know, I know ... It's all my fault.  I gave in to the temptation that shouldn't even be there.  I mean it's not even October yet.  It's barely even fall and there were Christmas decorations on display at Kohl's.  It's disturbing really how they're trying to rush us into the holiday spirit. We shouldn't even be thinking about Christmas for at least a month or 2 .... but I have to admit I am.

I am looking forward to Christmas.  I really am.  I can't wait to go home to Virginia for a few days to see my family.  There is something extra wonderful about being home with family now that Lillie is here.  I love getting share her with everyone and see how she interacts with the people that are so special to me and see how they react to all the new and wonderful things she is figuring out how to do.

But this post is not just about visiting family for Christmas.  It's normal to get excited about that.  It's about decorations and count downs.  I was wandering through Kohl's and saw the Christmas decorations and had to take a quick tour though. It started giving me ideas:  What ornament will we get for Lillie this year?  Maybe a giraffe (she's gotten 3 already this year and loved them at the zoo), maybe Mickey or Minnie (she carries those stuffed animals everywhere), maybe a sheep (she loves her ba-bas).  Then I saw the advent calendars and my brain really started running.  Wouldn't it be fun to start a family tradition, pick a box that has meaning, fill it with small little treasures we/she will love.  Oh it will all be so much fun.

Something with little pockets that can hang on the wall?


A house made of candy to hold small pieces of candy?  Seems fitting.

A train load of treats?  Possibly perfect for my train loving little girl.

No, I didn't buy anything Christmasy.  I'm not that crazy and I'm going to shut off the "monster" for a few months .... but when it's time to start thinking those thoughts for real don't those look like fun?  I think there might just be a perpetual advent calendar waiting in our future ...  

No comments: