Sunday, July 17, 2011

Visiting with the Ketchems

The Ketchems made their way to Massachusetts once again for the Glasgow Lands Highland Festival in Northampton. We had a great time with them a few years ago when we went out to see BJ compete and then traversed the New England coast and this year we did it again (with 2 adorable little additions and BJ's parents). 


Then we took the girls for their first train ride.  I think they enjoyed it but I could have lived without the screaming child in the car behind us.






BJ couldn't help showing off his little girl.

The Luce eating a raw pepper ... Wow!

We drove up 1A for a lovely view of the northern MA and NH coastline.  Hello Atlantic Ocean.

Then we stopped for lunch at Flo's Steamed Hot Dogs in Cape Neddick, Maine.  We got the "house special" (mayo, celery salt, and the secret relish). It wasn't something I would normally dream of putting on my hot dog but I actually enjoyed it and had George go inside to buy some more.


The girls couldn't get enough strawberries and blueberries.



Gotta climb on the rocks by Nuble Light.


Takin a walk on the boardwalk in Newburyport after a little shopping and yummy gelato. 


It is REALLY hard to get a picture of two 1 year olds and have the picture be in focus. It's hard enough to get a focused picture of one 1year old but 2 is practically impossible. 

What's a New England BBQ / Lobster dinner without lobster hand puppets?


No comments: