I've been saying "I can't believe ...." a lot lately but I can't help but saying it again. I can't believe that just 1 year ago Lillie was born. I can't believe that just 1 year ago we were laying in a hospital still unsure of what her name was going to be. I can't believe that just 1 year ago we didn't know/ needed to brush up how to change a diaper, how to give a baby a bath, the best to hold a baby, swaddle a baby, get a baby to stop crying, figure out why a baby was crying, and so many other things. Now we have a beautiful little girl who can sit up on her own, crawl, stand, talk and walk (more on that later). We can't believe how much she has grown up already. It really is absolutely, miraculously amazing. She astonishes us with how much she learns and changes every day.
We'll save the big update on everything for later (hopefully tomorrow) but we think we're going to call it. She certainly won't be getting anywhere fast but we both agreed that tonight was the night of offical first steps on her own. She got in a few, maybe 2 or 3 jerky steps at one time. She repeated a couple times and then all 3 of us disolved into totally goofy giggles as she kept trying but falling down ... of course that may have just been the sugar highs we had after all the cake and ice cream.
We missed most of the good walking because we were too stunned to grab the camera but here's a teeny tiny glimpse into our goofy gigglefest and 1 or 2 steps ....
No comments:
Post a Comment