Sunday, May 23, 2010

One month to go ... almost ready!

Wow! Our due date is exactly 1 month from today. That's quite a daunting realization. We're ready though. We're hoping that the little decides to be patient and wait until it's time to arrive but it's been a busy couple of days and we're ready for her whenever she decides it's time.



On Friday I was surprised with a shower at work. My co-workers were amazingly and incredibly generous. It took a few helpers to get everything back to my classroom and then to get it out to my car afterwork. We got bottles and changing table pads and sheets (most of the basics that we still needed) and then a few fun things too like bath toys and baby sunglasses.



Friday afternoon I came home and was surprised to find that the carpet was installed in the nursery. We have been living with plywood sub-flooring in there for almost a month and were expecting the new carpet to get installed over the weekend. Imagine my surprise when I get home from work and enter the house to see a nice cushy carpet on the floor instead! On top of that George decided to surprise me even more .... he had moved the glider into the room and built the crib. He also prewashed the crib bedding and had it on the bed already. Yay! Now the baby has a place to sleep!!!





This morning they threw us a shower at church and again we are completely overwhelmed by the love and generosity of the people around us. The food was amazing. (After 3 days of showers and cake I don't think I need to eat again for the rest of the week!) We recieved some lovely little outfits, childrens books, and blankets. George recieved some very special gifts all for himself. The pastors kids bought him a package of diapers which means HE has to use them. I like that idea! I think his favorite gift was "Baby's first Tool Kit". It's bascially stuffed tools. The drill even vibrates. Baby P won't be able to use them for awhile but it was certainly a perfect fit for George's little girl :o). The last gift we opened was the stroller and car seat. We were home for a grand total of 10 minutes before he started putting the stroller together and he has already installed the car seat bases into the car and the truck. We'd love for baby girl to wait until we get closer to her due date before she decides to join us in the real world but if she decides to surprise us and show up early I think we can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that we have everything we need .... car seat, stroller, and a place to sleep ... good to go!

No comments: