
It is sooo hot today! It's around 90 and humid with little-to-no breeze. I got the happy surprise of a working AC unit in my classroom but at home ... not so much. We have all the windows open and the fans on but all the fans are doing is swirling around the hot sticky air. They aren't being very effective about actually cooling anything down.
There has also been a new joyous development due to the heat ... cankles! I never thought I would see the day that my ankles were the same size as my calf but they are certainly here now. My feet and my ankles are swollen and significantly larger than normal. I think I'll be wearing flip flops to work in the morning because my poor feet can't be squeezed into shoes at the moment. I'm keeping my feet up, drinking tons of water, and contemplating icing my legs a little to see if that helps. It seems to be a little better now but we'll see how the rest of the night goes.
I am so glad that baby girl is supposed to be arriving in late June. I'm not sure I would really enjoy the long months of July & August if this continues. Last year we made it through the whole summer and only used the AC units a handful of times. If the weather keeps up like this they will definitely get a GREAT deal more use this year.
There has also been a new joyous development due to the heat ... cankles! I never thought I would see the day that my ankles were the same size as my calf but they are certainly here now. My feet and my ankles are swollen and significantly larger than normal. I think I'll be wearing flip flops to work in the morning because my poor feet can't be squeezed into shoes at the moment. I'm keeping my feet up, drinking tons of water, and contemplating icing my legs a little to see if that helps. It seems to be a little better now but we'll see how the rest of the night goes.
I am so glad that baby girl is supposed to be arriving in late June. I'm not sure I would really enjoy the long months of July & August if this continues. Last year we made it through the whole summer and only used the AC units a handful of times. If the weather keeps up like this they will definitely get a GREAT deal more use this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment