Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby brain!

Oh baby brain, oh baby brain! Everyone told me about this infamous baby brain phenomenom but I never really thought that it would hit me. I was soooo wrong.



I was thinking that I should write up some of my favorite little "gems" of forgetfulness and randomness before I .... well ... forget about them.



* Putting the butter in the cabinet and the sugar bowl in the fridge.

* Leaving a brownie on the coffee table instead of bringing my snack in the car with me when George and I left the house. (The ONE and only time Delta has ever eaten people food in our house. Thankfully she didn't get sick.)

* Unable to come up with the correct term, spent 30 minutes trying to explain "tip 'em up trucks" to George who then laughed at me for days when he realized I meant "dump trucks" (And yes. In my description I talked about how you "dump" things out of them but I still couldn't recall their name.)

* Sending blank e-mails to my co-workers because I clicked send before realizing that I hadn't typed anything.

* Sending "Whoops ... baby brain strikes again!" e-mails to my teammates at least once a week because of said empty e-mails or ridiculous typos.

* Sending blank e-mails to my student's parents!

* Forgetting to feed Delta until 8:30 (or much later ... 11:30pm???? oops) on the few nights that George wasn't home. (Don't worry she always got fed .... just way later than normal.) It only happened 2 or 3 times but I always feel like a HORRIBLE person afterward.

* Making mistakes almost daily in class. Esp when it comes to math. I think it correctly in my head but it often comes out backwards when I speak. 24 x 3 = 8 ... didnt you know?

* (04/25/10) Forgetting to buy milk at the grocery store .... when it was ON THE LIST!!!! I even checked it off the list because I was SURE that I put it in there. I mean seriously. I get milk everytime I go to the grocery store. I often make trips JUST to get milk so how do I forget it when it's on the list???

* Searching for my shoes for 15 minutes and making myself late for school when they were in the first place I looked (ie - where they belong)!!! I just put them on the shelf backwards so I didn't recognize them.

* (5/15/10) After a very vivid dream about a Friday evening performance at school I woke up on Friday May 14th and heard George say something about turning off his alarm. I immeadiately rolled over and turned off my alarm because the last thing I wanted to listen to on a Saturday morning was my alarm. I laid there and enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning for at least an hour and a half. Delta climbed up on the bed and cuddled for a bit, George opened the curtains, we chatted, and I relaxed. Suddenly around 7:10/ 7:15 I thought to myself ... "wait, my kids were supposed to run the mile on Friday ... they didn't go to PE yesterday. did they?" I ran to my phone to check the date and sure enough ... it wasn't SATURDAY .... it was FRIDAY and I needed to leave for school in about 30 minutes!!!!!

* (5/26/10) Almost poured milk into my glass of iced tea instead of putting it in my bowl of cereal this morning! Yikes ... That would have been gross!

* (5/27/10) Tried to pour my cereal into my iced tea glass instead of the cereal bowl. Luckily I did this BEFORE pouring myself a glass of tea.

* (6/22/10) Accidentally deleted ALL the pictures off the camera instead of the ONE fuzzy out of focus picture that I meant to delete. Baby brain is no longer all fun and games! Luckily we were able to recover most of the missing images.

* (6/24/10) Was putting in my contacts this morning and went from kinda able to see to not being able to see anything. Turns out I put both contacts in the SAME EYE!!!! Whoops.

* TO BE CONTINUED ....

No comments: