So many thoughts running through my brain, so little time.
1 - I am home sick, both girls are at their respective schools/ daycare. I may actually get a much needed mommy nap (or at least quiet time).
2 - Most of Josie's clothes are hand-me-downs from Lillie or other family friends. She gets so little that is new just for her. At Christmastime I bought her an outfit for St. Patrick's day. She has worn the pants a few times but I CAN NOT FIND the shirt ANYWHERE. It is driving me crazy and I actually feel guilty because it is one of the few just for her things that I have gotten. I have looked EVERY WHERE for the past month, in drawers, emptied drawers, behind drawers, in closets, under furniture, everywhere I usually hide things. No luck. I am certain that I will find it next weekend when St. Patrick's Day is over. Either that or I managed to throw it away.
3 - The snow.. The snow .. the snow ... I am SO done with the snow.
4 - The other day Lillie was insistent that we needed a boy in the family, Why didn't she have a brother.
Me: We had 2 wonderful girls instead.
L: When are we going to have a boy?
Me: Well I think we're good with our 2 girls. We don't need anyone else.
L: But we NEED a boy.
Me: Why?
L: Because I was to play Jack and Annie (Characters in Magic Treehouse). I need a boy to play Jack!
Me: Well Josie could play Jack .. or maybe there are 2 girls Annie & Jackie.
L: NO! I need a boy.
Me: Well, maybe you can play with one of your cousins or boy friends.
L: Hmmmm ... maybe....
5 - Feeling a little sad, but content at the same time today. We could be celebrating a birthday tomorrow. Our lucky, St. Patty's Day baby but he wasn't meant to be with us for long. I'll think about that baby every year at this time but am so content with our little Josie who blessed us by joining our family soon thereafter and I can't imagine our family without her.
6 - Sun! I can actually see the sun! It does exist.
7 - Spring IS coming. We decorated yesterday by putting up the Easter tree from my childhood. It was so neat seeing Lil go through all the old ornaments and remembering when we got them.
8 - Ladybugs. Every year we've been getting them IN the house. We usually see them enter around October/ November whenever it's been cold out for a bit but then we get a really hot day or 2. Then they are everywhere for a couple days and disappear until spring when we are happy to see them OUTSIDE. This year they started out typically but have never really left. They aren't swarming but there are always 1 or 2 crawling aound the house, found upside down on windowsills. Josie is starting to eat finger foods and I'm pretty sure she just tried to pick 1 up and eat it. Protein right?
No comments:
Post a Comment