Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Military man

Dan took a huge step and changed his life today.  It's been a long time coming.  He started talking about this a few years ago and hit many obstacles along the way.  He knew what he wanted though and kept working towards this day no matter what difficulty crossed his path. 

Today he joined the Air Force.  He changed his life story and made everyone so very proud.  I'm excited for him and the new path he has chosen.  I know that basic training will be tough and that being out of contact with friends and family can't be easy but I think he is destined for amazing things.

He seemed to walk around the building with more purpose before the swearing in.  In the room he was very serious but I think there was a little bit of smile/excitement too. (Dan has never been big on getting his picture taken.  I don't think he was terribly thrilled that he couldn't run away and hide.  Hopefully he'll be excited when he finally gets to see them. )

And ... it's official! 


No comments: