Well, 2011 was a pretty good year and I know 2012 has so many wonderful things to look forward to. It's been a long week and a busy day celebrating another Pacenka Family Christmas. We had plans to visit with friends tonight but they had to cancel due to illness and we ended up having a pretty low key night tonight. We enjoyed the unexpected downtime while we watched a few episodes of Castle on the couch and ate some popcorn. At one point I thought I'd be fast asleep by 9:30 but I seem to have caught a 2nd wind and we may actually make it to midnight.
In our calm and quiet tonight I've been reflecting a little bit. On New Years a few years ago Dan first mentioned that he had made a choice and thought he wanted to join the military. Now he is still in his first week of basic training. I wonder how he is spending his New Years Eve. I'm excited for him and hope that this new chapter in his life is everything he hoped it would be. I know we are all so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment