Saturday, June 21, 2008

April Vacation!

In MA schools we have this wonderful thing called April vacation. We get a whole week off in the middle of April just because. I think it actually starts with Patriots Day, a holiday up here that I still know nothing about. Anyway, for my vacation I decided to leave George and run away from home for a week. I went back to VA to visit my family and finally have a chance to see a bunch of old friends. It was a wonderful week.
Part 1: My family
My youngest brother Dan (Danny, Daniel, etc) is Mr. Soccer. I think he was on or at least involved with at least 3 different soccer teams this spring. While I was visiting I manged to catch one of his games just like old times. It was one of the first times I was able to work on my action shots. I think they came out pretty well.




We drove down to Fredricksburg for dinner at the Melting Pot to celebrate Meg's' birthday. Clearly I got bored in the car and decided to play with the camera. I am amazed at how much Dan's eyes in this picture remind me of my other brother Paul. It's not often that I see such a striking resemblance between those 2.

Yummmm ... Dessert is definitely the best part of a meal at the Melting Pot.

An Irish American bartender absolutlely needs to end his meal with an Irish Coffee.

Me with my super cute new haircut. (If only my eyes were open...)

No comments: