I feel like the weeks go by in a blur. I live for the weekends for 2 seconds to catch my breath but then it's off to work on Monday, I blink my eyes and it's already Thursday and the weekend is almost here again. Has time always moved this quickly? Is this just life with 2 little girls (1 of whom is not a fan of sleeping on her belly but wakes up there and cries in the middle of the night most nights now)?
Trying to keep up with work.... Trying to keep up with yard work.... Trying to keep up with laundry, feeding my family, cleaning the dishes, cleaning the house, etc. I know that moms and dads everywhere are going through this too. I know we are not the only ones, but it is exhausting.
As exhausting as it is, it is also fun. Sure we could skip some of the weekend plans and let errands slip but those are sometimes some of the best times.
Time is and will continue to be a blur. For now I just sit in the dark, holding the baby who unhappily woke up on her belly once again but is blissfully sleeping in my arms. It's about time for both of us to be back in our beds. I know I'll be exhausted in the morning I'm sure but I do kind of treasure the opportunity to slow down right now and just cuddle my little one. For this brief moment in the middle of the night things are thankfully moving a little slower.








No comments:
Post a Comment