Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's Still Hard - Blue Bloods

The days continue to get better, each day a little easier, each day I'm able to focus on the fun and wonderful joy that is my life.  That is not to say that all days are easy .... or even that all parts of all days are easy. 

I watched Blue Bloods last night.  I've watched that show almost every Friday since it started 2 years ago.  I started watching it because it was the only decent thing on at that time on that day.  It was a pretty decent show. Then in July of 2011 while we were at the Cape we were talking about it with dad at lunch or breakfast ... one of the many low key relaxing meals we shared.  During that trip he really started talking about the idea of possibly moving north and 1 thing I remember so clearly is him talking about Blue Bloods and wishing that he could have that Sunday dinner with the whole family sitting around the table.  He was so excited to have that family dinner looking more and more like a possibility as he and mom talked more and more with us about moving to MA. Last year as I watched Blue Bloods it always reminded me of dad. I couldn't help but get excited about the idea of having them closer and being able to have them here to watch Lillie grow up, be more involved in her life, and have those great Sunday dinners (with a Skype call to Paul, Rachel, & Dan of course).

Now I watch Blue Bloods and it makes me sad.  Just thinking about it and I start to tear up.  I know how much dad was looking forward to those family dinners, how much I was looking forward to that precious time, and now .... well, now things have changed. 

So yeah, some days are still hard.  

No comments: