Monday, March 12, 2012

The winter that wasn't

This has been an "almost" record breaking winter in that we have had the 2nd lowest snowfall on record.  Last year we had more than 70 inches of snow.  This year we've had about 9 inches total!!!  After the snow day on Halloween I had high hopes for a snow covered winter season but found myself quite disappointed.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't mind that it was warmer than normal.  I didn't mind not needing to shovel or scrape my car.  I just wish we had 1 major storm, a snow day home with Lil would have been a ton of fun.  We had a few dustings along the way and a few mini snowmen were made with Daddy, Grandma, and Poppop.  Lillie LOVED the snow no matter how much fell.

On Saturday we were surprised by what was probably the largest snow storm of the year and by that afternoon most of it was melted away.  We made the most of it while it was around.

Notice the Lillie sized prints vs. the mommy sized prints.  So cute.



Snow angel!

No comments: